Showing Collections: 31 - 60 of 250
Collection contains one volume of the baptismal church register from Ciudad Camargo.
Collection contains manuscripts, research notes, and correspondence files from Carl Duaine's three books: "Caverns of Oblivion," "Dead men wore boots," and "With all arms." Research files include copies of governmental archival files from 1862-1865.
The collection found here consists of 169 digitized items from the Casa Mata Museum and Archives in Matamoros, Tamaulipas, Mexico. Included are American military records, town hall sessions, a business registry, correspondence, inventories, and Mexican army rosters saved by the mayors of Matamoros.
The collection consists of photographs pertaining to the Ten Tragic Days (La Decena Trágica) of the Mexican Revolution collected by the grandfather of Cheryl Hollis Shepherd while living in Mexico City.
This collection consists of a 1911 Hidalgo County Texas General Land Office grant map and a 1992 Texans & Winter Texans International Spring Festival brochure highlighting the Bandit wars.
The collection consists of one box that contains documents pertaining to Dr. Clotilde P. Garcia. The contents include books she published, biographical sketches, awards, publications, resume, and other supporting documents. Dr. Clotilde Pérez García was a noted physician, activist, author, educator, and sister of civil rights activist Hector P. García. Additionally, she was one of the first Mexican-American women in Texas to enter the medical profession.
Collection primarily includes financial and business records of the cotton gin and the packing and shipping company.
Audio recordings, videos and images from the Cuaranderismo Collection at the Border Studies Archive. Digitized through a grant funded by the Institute of Museum and Library Services and the Texas State Library and Archives Commission.
The collection mainly consists of annual reports, programs, and pamphlets of the Harlingen Chamber of Commerce as well as abstracts of title for the San Benito Irrigation Company Subdivision, Cameron County, Texas which was part of the Espiritu Santo Grant.
Collection contains research materials for "Stockholm on the Rio Grande" including original research interviews, memoirs, e-mail, and internet webpage printouts, and photostatic copies of older materials.
Collection includes: a. 3.5" floppy disk, Imation, 2HD IBM, 1.44MB b. U.S. Copyright Office Certificate of Registration TXu001195972 / 2004-08-19 c. Manuscript of poetry, 472 pp, single-sided, black and white
Includes constitution, handbook, list of officers, members, and programs of the Delta Kappa Gamma Society which is a woman's national honor fraternity in Education.
Yearbooks include officers and club roster, committees, calendar of events and meetings.
Includes poll tax receipts Tarrant County, 1907, and Hidalgo County 1908-1939 for E. M. Card, wife Birdie B. Card, and Michael Card (age 22 in 1939). Also includes brief history of the development of roads, irrigation systems, and other civil engineering projects of the City of McAllen from 1916 to 1951 written by E. M. Card.
These 207 images document the 50th anniversary celebrations of the Edcouch-Elsa Walkouts, which took place in Novemeber 1968. The images primarily cover the march from the Edcouch-Elsa administrative buildings to the auditorium. The original students from 1968 led this anniversary march.
Collection contains correspondence, notes, and drafts concerning the writing and publication of the Edinburg book by the Edinburg Bicentennial Heritage Committee. Cover title on book is "Edinburg : a story of a town." Title page and cataloged title is "Edinburg."
Various materials produced by the Edinburg Chamber of Commerce as well as newsletters.
File contains partial bulletin article concerning negotiations for a consolidation of Edinburg Junior College and Texas A & M College at College Station, a photograph of Edinburg High School (Edinburg Junior College), and a letter from Brad H. Smith about the article.
File contains programs from eigth (1957), ninth (1958), twelfth (1961), and thirteenth (1962) annual minstrels.
Newspaper articles from "Edinburg Remembered" series, in which the history of Edinburg is highlighted through a historical review of various homes and the influences of the families who lived in those homes.
Collection contains newsletters from various organizations located in Edinburg.
Minutes of the Civil Club (1925) and of the Edinburg Study Club (1925-1987). Minutes are handwritten in record books and are sometimes accompanied by newspaper clippings, photographs, or other notes.
- University of Texas Rio Grande Valley Special Collections and Archives, Edinburg Campus 191
- University of Texas Rio Grande Valley Special Collections and Archives, Brownsville Campus 36
- University of Texas Rio Grande Valley Special Collections and Archives Digital Collections 23
- Brownsville (Tex.) 22
- Photographs 16
- Lower Rio Grande Valley (Tex.) 13
- Business enterprises--Rio Grande Valley. 10
- Lower Rio Grande Valley (Tex.)--History 10
- McAllen (Tex.)--History. 9
- Brownsville (Tex.)--History 7
- Edinburg (Tex.)--History. 7
- Hidalgo County (Tex.) 7
- Fort Brown (Brownsville, Tex.) 6
- Frontier and pioneer life--Rio Grande Valley. 6
- Matamoros (Mexico) 6
- Sports 6
- Texas--Politics and government 6
- Architecture--Texas--Lower Rio Grande Valley. 5
- Education 5
- Hidalgo County (Tex.)--History. 5
- Rio Grande Valley--History. 5
- Texas, South--History. 5
- Texas--Genealogy 5 + ∧ less
- English 242
- Spanish; Castilian 17
- Multiple languages 2
- University of Texas-Pan American 4
- Hidalgo County Historical Commission (Tex.) 3
- Torres, Rene 3
- Dolph Briscoe Center for American History, The University of Texas at Austin (Austin, Texas) 2
- Garcia, Selina Kristal 2
- Garza, Reynaldo G., 1915-2004 2
- Hidalgo County (Tex.) 2
- Hidalgo County Historical Society. 2
- Jeffrey Rovenpor Rare Books 2
- UTB/TSC 2
- Alfredo Náñez 1
- Alice S. Dougherty Closner, Mrs. 1
- Archivo General de la Nación (Mexico) 1
- Associated City County Economic Development Corporation (ACCEDC) 1
- Beard, Henry K., 1913-1989 1
- Bill Lewis 1
- Billingslea, Wesley 1
- Border Bank Collection 1
- Brown, Jacob, 1789-1846 1
- Brownsville Historical Association (BHA) 1 + ∧ less