Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Collection — Container: 0028
Scope and Contents The collection consists of historical material collected by the University Library staff. Included are newspapers, newspaper clippings, local reports, local and national magazines, historical material, and promotional material. The bulk of the material pertains to Brownsville, but there is also material that pertains to the overall South Texas.
Dates: 1864 - 2000
Content Description This scrapbook contains photographs of scenes around Brownsville, San Benito, and Point Isabel. Photographs depict soldiers daily living while in camp or in the march during the Mexican Border War of 1916. The photographs were taken during the summer and fall of 1916.
Dates: 1916-07-21 - 1916-12-16
Collection — Container: 154
Scope and Contents These 12 photographs picture the aftermath of the Dachau and Nordhausen concentration camps. They were taken by an American G.I. after the liberation in April 1945.
Collection — Container: 0038
Scope and Contents This collection of one document case contains research files on Major Jacob Brown whom Brownsville is named after.
Dates: 1978 - 1979
Collection — Container: 0008
Scope and Contents This collection of three document cases consists of research material pertaining to the Battle of Resaca de la Palma and the Battle of Palo Alto, as well as the overall Mexican-American War. Included are primary sources and reproductions of battle maps, books, reports, and surveys as well as published booklets, invitation, flyers, and newsletters published by the Palo Alto National Historic Site; the only National Park in South Texas.
Dates: 1846 - 1998
- Subject: Soldiers--American X
- University of Texas Rio Grande Valley Special Collections and Archives, Brownsville Campus 3
- University of Texas Rio Grande Valley Special Collections and Archives, Edinburg Campus 1
- University of Texas Rio Grande Valley Special Collections and Archives Digital Collections 1
- Brownsville (Tex.) 3
- Brownsville (Tex.)--History 3
- Education 2
- Fort Brown (Brownsville, Tex.) 2
- Mexican War, 1846-1848 2
- Architecture--Texas--Lower Rio Grande Valley. 1
- Brownsville Independent School District (Tex.) 1
- Concentration camps--Germany 1
- Frontier and pioneer life--Rio Grande Valley. 1
- Genocide--Jews--Germany 1
- Holocaust, Jewish (1939-1945) 1
- Lower Rio Grande Valley (Tex.)--History 1
- Maps 1
- Monterrey (Mexico)--History 1
- National parks & reserves 1
- Promotional materials 1
- Revolutions--Mexican-American Border Region--History--19th century. 1
- San Benito (Tex.) 1
- Transportation--Texas 1 ∧ less
- Brown, Jacob, 1789-1846 1
- Case, George Baxter 1