Showing Collections: 1 - 11 of 11
Collection — Container: 232
Scope and Contents Collection contains a photograph, newspaper clippings, correspondence, and speech given at the memorial service for Dr. Wood. Dr. Woods was born in Brownsville, Texas and is considered to be an educational pioneer.
Dates: 1942, 1984-1986, 1989
Dates: 1900 - 1999
Scope and Contents A collection of images representing the carte-de-visite, a form of calling card that gained popularity in Europe and the United States during the 19th century. The photographs are either pre, post, or during the U.S. Civil War. One notable item is a photograph taken by William Friese-Green, often credited as the inventor of motion pictures. This collection was acquired by the Library when the International Museum of Art and Science (IMAS) deaccessioned their collection in...
Dates: Majority of material found within 1860 - 1884
Collection — Container: 228, Folder: 1
Scope and Contents File contains partial bulletin article concerning negotiations for a consolidation of Edinburg Junior College and Texas A & M College at College Station, a photograph of Edinburg High School (Edinburg Junior College), and a letter from Brad H. Smith about the article.
Dates: 1930, 1987
Collection — Container: 2
Scope and Contents The collection consists of business and personal files from John H. Shary, the largest collection of which is the United Irrigation Company series. The collection primarily contains business files, correspondence, internal memos, legal proceedings, maps, blueprints, and newspaper and magazine clippings.
Dates: 1908 - 2001; Majority of material found in 1912-1952
Scope and Contents The Juanita Rosales Cantu Collection consists of three parts; one series of archival records and two series of digitized materials. The archival records consists of correspondence, legal, and financial documents that support the Juanita Rosales Cantu vs. U.S. Customs civil action lawsuit and settlement. The 2014 Brownsville History Harvest digitized materials consists of files relating to Juanita Rosales Cantu's immediate family.The 2017 History Harvest at UTRGV...
Dates: 1975 - 1979; Digitized: 2014; Digitized: 2017
Collection — Container: 229
Scope and Contents Collection contains materials related to Margaret and Malcolm Snavely and Malcolm's parents: Guy and Charlotte Snavely including photographs, Harlingen Study Club yearbook from Mrs. Guy Snavely, and Methodist Church directories from Margaret Snavely.
Dates: 1929 - 1993
Collection — Container: 233, Folder: 1
Scope and Contents Collection includes articles written by Minnie Gilbert, including "Bethlehem on the Rio Grande" about a pastorela play. Documents concerning ornithologist Irby Davis, "Birdman of the Valley" and author of "A Field guide to Birds of Mexico and Central America". File also includes black and white photographs.
Dates: 1961, 1985
Collection — Container: 174
Content Description The collection found here consists of 53 photographs of agricultural activity in the Texas Rio Grande Valley and the McAllen, Texas region, c. 1920. 39 of the photographs are 8 x 10, mounted on card stock and backed with linen, bearing the "Edrington" studio name. The remaining photographs are 5 x 7 and mounted on card stock. Four bear the "Ziebell, McAllen" studio name,...
Collection — Folder: 0030
Content Description Collection of 117 photographs and real-photo postcards. Album begins with ten photographs of street scenes in New Orleans, followed by nine larger zide images of wild flower and plant life in the Rio Grande Valley and Brownsville, Texas. The next thirty-six images depict life along the Texas-Mexico border, including architecture, culture, the Rio Grande, and a July 4th beach outing. Ten images follow of family life in Oklahoma and Mississippi, and then the focus of the album returns...
Dates: 1917 - 1922
Collection — Container: 43
Scope and Contents 39 black and white photographs of the Mexihcah, descendants of the ancient Aztecs from the Chichimec lineage of Northern Mexico.
Dates: 1999-2007; Other: Date acquired: 2009-03-04
- Subject: Photographs X
- University of Texas Rio Grande Valley Special Collections and Archives, Edinburg Campus 8
- University of Texas Rio Grande Valley Special Collections and Archives, Brownsville Campus 3
- Photographs 10
- Brownsville (Tex.) 2
- Irrigation--Texas--Lower Rio Grande Valley. 2
- Lower Rio Grande Valley (Tex.) 2
- Rio Grande Valley--History. 2
- Air pilots--Training of. 1
- Aztecs--Social life and customs--Exhibitions 1
- Birds--Texas--Lower Rio Grande Valley. 1
- Blueprints 1
- Boca Chica (Tex.) 1
- Business enterprises--Rio Grande Valley. 1
- Carte de visite photographs 1
- Chichimecs--Exhibitions 1
- Christmas plays, Mexican. 1
- Citrus fruit industry--Texas--Lower Rio Grande Valley. 1
- Civil law 1
- Community organization--Texas--Lower Rio Grande Valley 1
- Cotton gins and ginning--Texas--Lower Rio Grande Valley 1
- Drawings 1
- Edinburg (Tex.) 1 ∧ less
- Billingslea, Wesley 1
- Cantu, Juanita Rosales, 1950- 1
- Davis, L. Irby 1
- Edinburg College 1
- Edinburg High School 1
- Edinburg Junior College 1
- First United Methodist Church (Harlingen, Tex.) 1
- Gilbert, Minnie 1
- Jeffrey Rovenpor Rare Books 1
- Shary, John H. (John Harry), 1872-1945 1
- Shivers, Allan, 1907-1985 1
- Snavely, Malcolm Winton 1
- Snavely, Margaret (Margaret Mae Hughes Snavely) 1
- Texas Citrus Fruit Growers' Exchange 1
- U.S. Customs Service. 1
- United Irrigation Company. 1
- Wood, Benjamin De Kalbe 1
- Wood, Benjamin De Kalbe (1894-1986) 1 ∧ less