Showing Collections: 1 - 21 of 21
Acts of the Visit of the Royal Commissioners (Auto de la general visita) was transcribed from archives in Mexico. These volumes record the distribution of land by the royal Spanish commissioners in 1767 to the Rio Grande settlements of Laredo, Mier, Camargo, Revilla (later Guerrero), and Reynosa, which were established by José de Escandón. About 170 of the porciones granted to individual settlers at that time are located within the present boundaries of Texas.
This collection consisting of four document cases chronicles Betty Murray's efforts to protect and document the Lower Rio Grande Valley and state history. Her personal papers are also included.
The collection consists of ten newsletters from organizations located in Brownsville, Texas. The newsletters chronicle the history and development of Brownsville and topics include art, architecture, businesses, higher education, historical accounts, events, notable people, preservation, transportation, and industry.
The Congressional Papers of Eligio "Kika" de la Garza consist of approximately 425 linear feet of materials dating from 1965 - 1996. The bulk of the papers date from 1965-1980 and 1989-1996. The papers were created during Kika de la Garza's time as an elected official in the U.S. House of Representatives from 1965 - 1996, representing the 15th Congressional District in South Texas.
This collection consists of one Civil War era broadside regarding cotton smuggling through the Rio Grande Valley including Eagle Pass, Laredo, Rio Grande City, and Edinburg written by Confederate Brigadier General James Edwin Slaughter.
The collection consists of business and personal files from John H. Shary, the largest collection of which is the United Irrigation Company series. The collection primarily contains business files, correspondence, internal memos, legal proceedings, maps, blueprints, and newspaper and magazine clippings.
Collection contains miscellaneous publications, reports, and other documents created by, for or about the Lower Rio Grande Valley Development Council.
This collection consists of 74 audiotapes of 43 presentations that were given between 2000 and 2015 regarding topics of importance to Rio Grande Valley History.
Some audio recordings contain flyers on the presentations.
The Congressional Papers of Rubén Hinojosa consists of 291 linear feet of materials dating from 1997 - 2016. The papers were created during Rubén Hinojosa's time as an elected official in the U.S. House of Representatives from 1997 - 2016, representing the 15th Congressional District in South Texas. The collection consists of legislative material as well as casework of local projects and issues.
Newspaper clippings from 1960-1965 glued onto a 1942 Powers Road and Street Catalog. Catalog has a label from W. O. Washington, City Engineer, Brownsville Texas.
Ya Mero Tomo I and Tomo II, newspaper published in McAllen, Texas.
- Subject: Lower Rio Grande Valley (Tex.) X
- University of Texas Rio Grande Valley Special Collections and Archives, Edinburg Campus 13
- University of Texas Rio Grande Valley Special Collections and Archives, Brownsville Campus 5
- University of Texas Rio Grande Valley Special Collections and Archives Digital Collections 3
- Lower Rio Grande Valley (Tex.) 11
- Lower Rio Grande Valley (Tex.)--History 11
- Rio Grande Valley--History. 4
- Brownsville (Tex.)--History 3
- Brownsville (Tex.) 2
- Business enterprises--Rio Grande Valley. 2
- Football 2
- Hidalgo County (Tex.) 2
- Hidalgo County (Tex.)--History. 2
- Irrigation--Texas--Lower Rio Grande Valley. 2
- Legislators--United States--Archives 2
- Matamoros (Mexico) 2
- McAllen (Tex.)--History. 2
- Photographs 2
- San Benito (Tex.) 2
- Sports 2
- Texas, South--History. 2
- Texas--Politics and government 2
- Alamo (Tex.) 1
- Baseball 1 ∧ less
- Spanish; Castilian 1
- Hidalgo County Historical Commission (Tex.) 2
- Hidalgo County Historical Society. 2
- Jeffrey Rovenpor Rare Books 2
- Torres, Rene 2
- De la Garza, E. (De la Garza, Eligio) 1
- De la Garza, Eligio. 1
- De la Garza, Lucille 1
- Gause, George 1
- Hinojosa, Rubén 1
- Isbell, Frances W. 1
- Lower Rio Grande Valley Development Council. 1
- Murray, Betty Nosler 1
- Selber, Greg 1
- Shary, John H. (John Harry), 1872-1945 1
- Shivers, Allan, 1907-1985 1
- Slaughter, James Edwin, 1827-1901 1
- Texas Citrus Fruit Growers' Exchange 1
- United Irrigation Company. 1
- United States. Congress. House -- 20th century -- Sources 1 ∧ less