Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Collection — Container: 53
Scope and Contents Series I, Reference/Research Files, 1832-2014, consists of reference and research files pertaining to a variety of subjects from the Rio Grande Valley of Texas. Series II, Hidalgo County Historical Commission, 1852-2014, consists of files pertaining to the Historical Markers, Archives Alert, and Confederate graves projects as well as general and office files. Series III, Newspaper clippings, 1849-2011, consists of a variety of newspaper clippings that were saved by...
Collection — Container: 79
Scope and Contents The collection consists of applications for historical markers and historical cemeteries, research, notes, correspondence, organizational files, and maps. Historical marker applications were submitted by the Hidalgo County Historical Commission to the Texas Historical Commission Research Department. Marker applications typically include research describing the importance of the location. Files may also include photographs and dedication pamphlets. Collection also contains organizational files...
Scope and Contents The collection consists of images and recordings of the Jesus Bazán and Antonio Longoria marker dedication ceremony. This marker commemorates the double murder of Jesus Bazán and his son-in-law, Antonio Longoria, on September 27, 1915 along a dirt road near their ranch outside of Edinburg. In October 2017, the Refusing to Forget the team unveiled the first historical marker in Cameron County to recognize the unknown victims of La Matanza (The Massacre) in 1915. The Jesus Bazán and...
Collection — Container: 214
Scope and Contents John W. Ewing was elected as an Hidalgo County Judge. Enclosed are materials regarding real estate property that he bought and sold, 1927 income tax, Hidalgo County election results for 1936, and correspondence.
Dates: 1927 - 1946
Collection — Container: 223, Folder: 1
Scope and Contents Folder contains meeting minutes of the Precinct Convention, Precinct No. 13, Hidalgo County, Texas, held at Edinburg, Texas on the 3rd day of May, 1952.
- Subject: Hidalgo County (Tex.)--History. X
- University of Texas Rio Grande Valley Special Collections and Archives, Edinburg Campus 4
- University of Texas Rio Grande Valley Special Collections and Archives Digital Collections 1
- Hidalgo County (Tex.) 2
- Lower Rio Grande Valley (Tex.)--History 2
- McAllen (Tex.)--History. 2
- Anniversaries 1
- Edinburg (Tex.)--History. 1
- Historical markers--Texas--Hidalgo County 1
- Law enforcement--Rio Grande Valley. 1
- Mercedes (Tex.)--History. 1
- Ranches--Texas, South--History. 1
- Rio Grande Valley--History. 1
- San Manuel (Tex.) 1
- Texas Rangers--History--20th century 1
- Texas, South--History. 1 ∧ less
- Hidalgo County Historical Commission (Tex.) 2
- Hidalgo County Historical Society. 2
- Ewing, John W. 1
- Isbell, Frances W. 1