Showing Collections: 1 - 24 of 24
This collection consists of 77 digitized postcards pertaining to Fort Brown, Harding presidential visit, U.S. Army life on the border, Rio Grande River, Brownsville, Fort Brown Motor Hotel, and the Oblates.
The postcards are accessible via our institional repository.
The papers contained in one legal size archival box mainly document the executive career of Augustine Celaya Jr. with the Union Carbide Corporation. These consist of photos, correspondence, two oral history interview tapes and assorted corporate documents.
This collection consists of eighteen letterpress halftone postcards pertaining to Cameron County and Matamoros, Tamaulipas. The photographs were taken by Robert Runyon and the postcard booklet was made by Curt Teich & Co. of Chicago, Illinois in 1927.
The collection consists of seventeen document boxes of records of the Brownsville City Commission. Included are meeting minutes, brochures, city notices, building documents, and correspondence. The main years covered are 1997 to 2001, but there is some information from 1991 and 1994 as well.
The collection consists of ten newsletters from organizations located in Brownsville, Texas. The newsletters chronicle the history and development of Brownsville and topics include art, architecture, businesses, higher education, historical accounts, events, notable people, preservation, transportation, and industry.
The collection consists of nine boxes of newspapers, newspaper clippings, typescripts, correspondence, college notebooks, course syllabuses, grade books, awards, and other material. The papers document Underwood’s career in journalism and academia.
This scrapbook contains photographs of scenes around Brownsville, San Benito, and Point Isabel. Photographs depict soldiers daily living while in camp or in the march during the Mexican Border War of 1916. The photographs were taken during the summer and fall of 1916.
The collection consists of twenty-eight document cases containing research Dr. Howard T. Dulmage conducted on Bacillus thurningiensis microbial insecticides while he was stationed at the U.S. Department of Agriculture Research Station in Brownsville, Texas.
This collection of one document case contains research files on Major Jacob Brown whom Brownsville is named after.
This collection consists of: plans, measurement files, public domain pictures, maps, research items on architect Robert Bertram Kelly, text documents on the depot written by Mr. David N. Currey, photos, photographs of the first depot, photographs of the "sister depot" in SL-SF passenger station in Pensacola, Florida, and postcard views of neighboring El Jardin Hotel.
This collection of three document cases consists of research material pertaining to the Battle of Resaca de la Palma and the Battle of Palo Alto, as well as the overall Mexican-American War. Included are primary sources and reproductions of battle maps, books, reports, and surveys as well as published booklets, invitation, flyers, and newsletters published by the Palo Alto National Historic Site; the only National Park in South Texas.
The collection consists of photographs taken throughout the Rio Grande Valley during the 1980s in either slides, 35mm film, or 120mm film format. There are various types of photographic work within the collection such as aerials, animal, architecture, artistic, event, macro, nature, night, people, scenic, and travel.
The collection consists of digital files pertaning to the Yturria family. These photographs were utilized for the publication of the book titled, The Patriarch: The Remarkable Life and Extraordinary Times of Francisco Yturria, written by Frank Daniel Yturria.
- Subject: Brownsville (Tex.) X
- University of Texas Rio Grande Valley Special Collections and Archives, Brownsville Campus 20
- University of Texas Rio Grande Valley Special Collections and Archives Digital Collections 4
- Brownsville (Tex.) 21
- Business enterprises--Rio Grande Valley. 8
- Brownsville (Tex.)--History 7
- Fort Brown (Brownsville, Tex.) 6
- Matamoros (Mexico) 5
- Education 4
- Frontier and pioneer life--Rio Grande Valley. 4
- Agriculture and state 3
- Architecture--Texas--Lower Rio Grande Valley. 3
- Promotional materials 3
- Railroads--Texas--Cameron County. 3
- Soldiers--American 3
- Transportation--Texas 3
- Brownsville Independent School District (Tex.) 2
- Families 2
- Lower Rio Grande Valley (Tex.)--History 2
- McAllen (Tex.)--History. 2
- Mexican War, 1846-1848 2
- Monterrey (Mexico)--History 2
- Photographs 2 ∧ less
- Brown, Jacob, 1789-1846 1
- Case, George Baxter 1
- Conatser, Roger 1
- Cromack, Frederick Davis 1
- Curt Teich & Co. 1
- Dulmage, Howard T., Dr. 1
- Goldammer, Andrew H., 1878-1939 1
- Horn, Barry 1
- Jeffrey Rovenpor Rare Books 1
- Purdy, Acca L. Colby (Acca Laurentia), 1844-1909 1
- Purdy, Warren Grafton, 1843-1910 1
- Runyon, Robert, 1881-1968 1
- Stegman, Baldwin G., 1868-1917 1
- Tillotson, Steven Land, AIA 1
- Torres, Rene 1
- Underwood, Robert Bruce, Dr., 1914-2001 1
- Villarreal, Ambrosio, Jr. 1 ∧ less