Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Scope and Contents The collection consists of two recorded presentations as well as photographs taken at the Smithsonian Institute's traveling exhibition "Hometown Teams: How Sports Shaped America" opening reception held on July 26, 2018. The reception was hosted by UTRGV Special Collections and University Archives.One recording is of Gregory Selber presenting on the glory days of valley football and the other recording is of Rene Torres presenting on the history of baseball in the Rio Grande...
Collection — Container: 199
One photograph of the Mercedes Green Hornets fastpitch softball team from 1947. District Championship Team.
File — Folder: 0029
Content Description Photocopy of correspondence from Howard Peters, of the Rotary Club of Darwen, England, and "Rotarian James" of the Brownsville club. Included with the correspondence is a summation of letters written by members of a local Lancashire family, especially those of a young man by the name of James Horrocks (alias Andrew Ross), who came to America to escape a paternity suit, and lived for a time in Brownsville. Summation of Horrocks correspondence includes descriptions of U.S. Mail Steamship...
Dates: 1865 - 1871
- Names: Torres, Rene X
- University of Texas Rio Grande Valley Special Collections and Archives, Edinburg Campus 1
- University of Texas Rio Grande Valley Special Collections and Archives, Brownsville Campus 1
- University of Texas Rio Grande Valley Special Collections and Archives Digital Collections 1
- Baseball 1
- Brownsville (Tex.)--History 1
- Football 1
- Fort Ringgold (Tex.)--History--19th century. 1
- Lower Rio Grande Valley (Tex.)--Fiction. 1