Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
This collection consists of 77 digitized postcards pertaining to Fort Brown, Harding presidential visit, U.S. Army life on the border, Rio Grande River, Brownsville, Fort Brown Motor Hotel, and the Oblates.
The postcards are accessible via our institional repository.
This collection consists of eighteen letterpress halftone postcards pertaining to Cameron County and Matamoros, Tamaulipas. The photographs were taken by Robert Runyon and the postcard booklet was made by Curt Teich & Co. of Chicago, Illinois in 1927.
This scrapbook contains photographs of scenes around Brownsville, San Benito, and Point Isabel. Photographs depict soldiers daily living while in camp or in the march during the Mexican Border War of 1916. The photographs were taken during the summer and fall of 1916.
- University of Texas Rio Grande Valley Special Collections and Archives, Brownsville Campus 2
- University of Texas Rio Grande Valley Special Collections and Archives Digital Collections 2
- Brownsville (Tex.) 3
- Fort Brown (Brownsville, Tex.) 3
- Business enterprises--Rio Grande Valley. 2
- Education 2
- Promotional materials 2
- Revolutions--Mexican-American Border Region--History--19th century. 2
- Brownsville Independent School District (Tex.) 1
- Crime--Rio Grande Valley. 1
- Harding, Warren G. (Warren Gamaliel), 1865-1923 1
- Matamoros (Mexico) 1
- Point Isabel (Tex.) 1
- Politics and culture--Texas--Cameron County 1
- Railroads--Texas--Cameron County. 1
- San Benito (Tex.) 1
- Soldiers--American 1
- Transportation--Texas 1
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865 1 ∧ less
- Curt Teich & Co. 1
- Horn, Barry 1
- Purdy, Acca L. Colby (Acca Laurentia), 1844-1909 1
- Purdy, Warren Grafton, 1843-1910 1
- Runyon, Robert, 1881-1968 1
- Villarreal, Ambrosio, Jr. 1 ∧ less