Showing Collections: 121 - 150 of 191
File contains historical information about the different women's clubs of the Rio Grande Valley.
File includes annual reports of the Rio Grande Valley Telephone Company to the Interstate Commerce Commission (1923, 1926-1933) and to the Federal Communications Commission (1934-1936).
Contains one scrapbook with news releases and information pertinent to the different subjects discussed in the Rondel V. Davidson [Endowed] History Lecture Series. Also contains an archival folder with further information on the series lecturers. The lecture series was established in 1989 in memory of Dr. Rondel Davidson, former Professor and Chair of the Department of History and Philosophy at The University of Texas Pan American.
The Congressional Papers of Rubén Hinojosa consists of 291 linear feet of materials dating from 1997 - 2016. The papers were created during Rubén Hinojosa's time as an elected official in the U.S. House of Representatives from 1997 - 2016, representing the 15th Congressional District in South Texas. The collection consists of legislative material as well as casework of local projects and issues.
One salt deposit on a log from La Sal del Rey. Salt deposit measures roughly 9 inches x 5 inches x 3.5 inches.
Yearbook contains information on the purpose, officers and directors, committees, calendar of events, members, and by-laws.
Life histories of local families and traces of their land acquisition to first European contact in the borderlands.
Letters and reminiscences from the Staffel family, including letters written from Germany and about the boat trip to the United States, as well as travels within Texas, including San Antonio and Galveston.
Photocopies of official Starr County records.
Collection contains financial statements which include the consolidated debt statement, financial statements from various subdivisions including school districts and water districts and an economic and statistical section.
File contains Texas Citrus Fruit Growers Exchange draft of 1924-1925 annual report, TexaSweet Texas Citrus Fruit Growers Exchange letterhead, and two Texas Citrus Fruit Growers Exchange "Carrying on" cards.
File includes aerial photos, maps, and environmental reports on road plans and construction.
Collection contains research material collected for Thomas E. Simmon's book: Who's shooting firecrackers? : the "riot" at Fort Ringgold, Texas. The book discusses an incident that occurred when Troop D, Ninth U. S. Cavalry Regiment (Colored) stationed at Fort Ringgold and townspeople in Rio Grande City exchanged shots on the night of November 20, 1899. Materials include photostatic copies from the National Archives, Texas State Archives, microfilm, and photographs.
A bilingual collection featuring over 100,000 items ranging from topics such as La Llorona, curanderismo, the chupacabra and the devil at the dance hall.
Collection contains annual reports for the Mental Health and Mental Retardation Center of Hidalgo County (1969/1970 and 1970/1971, and the Tropical Texas Center for Mental Health and Mental Retardation (1976, 1978, and 1979).
The Tulane University Collection folders include photostatic copies with marriage permits and requests for Mexico from the Tulane University Latin American Library.
Trial transcripts of United States of America vs. Jorge Garza in the United States District Court Southern district of Texas, McAllen Division. Case number 7:13-CR-70-12
Honors theses submitted as partial requirement for the University of Texas-Pan American Honors Program.
- Repository: University of Texas Rio Grande Valley Special Collections and Archives, Edinburg Campus X
- Photographs 11
- Lower Rio Grande Valley (Tex.) 8
- McAllen (Tex.)--History. 8
- Edinburg (Tex.)--History. 7
- Hidalgo County (Tex.) 7
- Lower Rio Grande Valley (Tex.)--History 7
- Rio Grande Valley--History. 5
- Texas, South--History. 5
- Hidalgo County (Tex.)--History. 4
- Edinburg (Tex.) 3
- Irrigation--Texas--Lower Rio Grande Valley. 3
- Mexican-American Border Region--Genealogy. 3
- Texas--Genealogy 3
- Band music 2
- Brick trade--Texas--Lower Rio Grande Valley. 2
- Brickmaking--Texas--Lower Rio Grande Valley. 2
- Cotton gins and ginning--Texas--Lower Rio Grande Valley 2
- Criminal law 2
- Discrimination against Mexican Americans 2
- Hurricane Beulah, 1967 2 + ∧ less
- English 186
- Spanish; Castilian 14
- Multiple languages 2
- University of Texas-Pan American 4
- Hidalgo County Historical Commission (Tex.) 3
- Dolph Briscoe Center for American History, The University of Texas at Austin (Austin, Texas) 2
- Hidalgo County (Tex.) 2
- Hidalgo County Historical Society. 2
- Alfredo Náñez 1
- Alice S. Dougherty Closner, Mrs. 1
- Archivo General de la Nación (Mexico) 1
- Associated City County Economic Development Corporation (ACCEDC) 1
- Bill Lewis 1
- Billingslea, Wesley 1
- Border Bank Collection 1
- Brownsville Historical Association (BHA) 1
- Camargo Archives 1
- Campney, Brent M. S. 1
- Canales Molano, Servando 1
- Card, E. M. (Card, Edward Melvin) 1
- Cardenas, Amada (Amada Sanchez Cardenas) 1
- Carter, Jimmy, 1924- 1
- Cavazos, Jorge J. 1 + ∧ less