Ambrosio Villarreal Postcard Collection
Scope and Contents
This collection consists of 77 digitized postcards pertaining to Fort Brown, Harding presidential visit, U.S. Army life on the border, Rio Grande River, Brownsville, Fort Brown Motor Hotel, and the Oblates.
The postcards are accessible via our institional repository.
- Majority of material found within 1908 - 1968
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research use. Manuscript collections and archival records may contain materials with sensitive or confidential information that is protected under federal or state right to privacy laws and regulations. Confidential material may include, but is not limited to, educational, medical, and personnel records. Researchers are advised that the disclosure of certain information pertaining to identifiable living individuals represented in this collection without the consent of those individuals may have legal ramifications (e.g., a cause of action under common law for invasion of privacy may arise if facts concerning an individual's private life are published that would be deemed highly offensive to a reasonable person) for which the University of Texas Rio Grande Valley assumes no responsibility.
Conditions Governing Use
Please give name credit "Courtesy of Ambrosio Villarreal" whenever using these images.
Materials in our collections may be protected by copyright. Publication, transmission, or reproduction of items protected by copyright beyond that allowed by fair use requires the written permission of the copyright owners. Whenever possible, accurate information about the copyright status of material is provided in the item record and/or documentation for material in the collection. The Library does not own the copyright in much of the material in its collection and is therefore unable to grant copyright permission to publish those items. It is the researcher's responsibility to determine copyright or other use restrictions and obtain proper permission when publishing or distributing materials found in these collections. Researchers must make their own assessments of rights in light of their intended use. Additional information about copyright and fair use is available via the Library's Copyright Guide at http://utrgv.libguides.com/friendly.php?s=copyright.
77 Items ; 1.29 GB
Language of Materials
Existence and Location of Copies
Access copies of this collection can be found in the ELIBR and BLIBR Special Collections Reading Rooms.
- Brownsville (Tex.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Business enterprises--Rio Grande Valley. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Fort Brown (Brownsville, Tex.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Frontier and pioneer life--Rio Grande Valley. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Harding, Warren G. (Warren Gamaliel), 1865-1923 Subject Source: Lcnaf
- Promotional materials Subject Source: TGM II, Genre and physical characteristic terms
- Revolutions--Mexican-American Border Region--History--19th century. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Villarreal, Ambrosio, Jr. (Person)
- William Flores
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the University of Texas Rio Grande Valley Special Collections and Archives Digital Collections Repository