Barry Horn Postcard Collection
This collection consists of eighteen letterpress halftone postcards pertaining to Cameron County and Matamoros, Tamaulipas. The photographs were taken by Robert Runyon and the postcard booklet was made by Curt Teich & Co. of Chicago, Illinois in 1927.
- c. 1920s
- Runyon, Robert, 1881-1968 (Person)
- Curt Teich & Co. (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Materials in our collections may be protected by copyright. Publication, transmission, or reproduction of items protected by copyright beyond that allowed by fair use requires the written permission of the copyright owners. Whenever possible, accurate information about the copyright status of material is provided in the item record and/or documentation for material in the collection. The Library does not own the copyright in much of the material in its collection and is therefore unable to grant copyright permission to publish those items. It is the researcher's responsibility to determine copyright or other use restrictions and obtain proper permission when publishing or distributing materials found in these collections. Researchers must make their own assessments of rights in light of their intended use. Additional information about copyright and fair use is available via the Library's Copyright Guide at http://utrgv.libguides.com/friendly.php?s=copyright.
Conditions Governing Use
The collection is open for research use. Manuscript collections and archival records may contain materials with sensitive or confidential information that is protected under federal or state right to privacy laws and regulations. Confidential material may include, but is not limited to, educational, medical, and personnel records. Researchers are advised that the disclosure of certain information pertaining to identifiable living individuals represented in this collection without the consent of those individuals may have legal ramifications (e.g., a cause of action under common law for invasion of privacy may arise if facts concerning an individual's private life are published that would be deemed highly offensive to a reasonable person) for which the University of Texas Rio Grande Valley assumes no responsibility.
18 Items : Letterpress colorized halftone postcards ; 15.24 x 10.8 cm
Language of Materials
Approximate date(s) inferred from construction of certain buildings and the Smithsonian Institution's guide to General Postcard Chronology.
- Brownsville (Tex.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Brownsville Independent School District (Tex.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Business enterprises--Rio Grande Valley. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Education Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Frontier and pioneer life--Rio Grande Valley. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Matamoros (Mexico) Subject Source: Local sources
- Point Isabel (Tex.) Subject Source: Local sources
- Politics and culture--Texas--Cameron County Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Promotional materials Subject Source: TGM II, Genre and physical characteristic terms
- Railroads--Texas--Cameron County. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Horn, Barry (Person)
- William Flores
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the University of Texas Rio Grande Valley Special Collections and Archives, Brownsville Campus Repository
One West University Boulevard
UTRGV University Library (BLIBR 2.202)
Brownsville Texas 78520 United States