Alfonso Loredo Flores Collection
Scope and Contents
Robert C. Johnson's indictment and arrest took place on March 11, 1971 and was charged with the the count of negligent homicide in second degree and negligent homicide in first degree. He pleaded not guilty. Texas vs. Robert C. Johnson, (CR-8032) trial began on January, 1973 and ended on February 8, 1973 with the jury declaring him not guilty.
Names mentioned throughout the case are: Lidia Ruiz Flores, Santos Saldana, Allyn Zollicoffer, Jose Luis Villanueva, Oscar Rodriguez, Froilan Ybanez, Juan Hugo Manzanares, Jose R. Garcia, Juan Garcia Jr., Claudio Ramirez, Joe Vera Jr., J. R. Alamia, Anita Orozco, Olivia G. Perez, Luther L. Leopard, Mrs. James F. Cherry, Mary M. Irby, and Gregoria Trejo.
The interview recording is available via our institutional repository.
- 1971-02-06 - 1973-02-08
Conditions Governing Access
Conditions Governing Use
.03 Cubic Feet (1 folder) : 2 photographs; 46 sheets of textual materials
2 Files (These two originals were combined into an .mp4 file for access and preservation.) : 1 oral history; delivered as 2 .mts files ; 3.39 GB and 4.08 GB
Language of Materials
- Criminal law Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Discrimination against Mexican Americans Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Flores, Alfonso Loredo, 1951-1971
- Pharr (Tex.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Racism--Texas Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Riots--Texas--Pharr Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- William Flores
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script