Rio Grande Valley 20th Century Studio Photographs Collection
Collection — Container: 174
The collection found here consists of 53 photographs of agricultural activity in the Texas Rio Grande Valley and the McAllen, Texas region, c. 1920. 39 of the photographs are 8 x 10, mounted on card stock and backed with linen, bearing the "Edrington" studio name. The remaining photographs are 5 x 7 and mounted on card stock. Four bear the "Ziebell, McAllen" studio name, six bear the "Eskildsen" name, and four have no studio identification marks. All save one of the photographs are captioned.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research use. Manuscript collections and archival records may contain materials with sensitive or confidential information that is protected under federal or state right to privacy laws and regulations. Confidential material may include, but is not limited to, educational, medical, and personnel records. Researchers are advised that the disclosure of certain information pertaining to identifiable living individuals represented in this collection without the consent of those individuals may have legal ramifications (e.g., a cause of action under common law for invasion of privacy may arise if facts concerning an individual's private life are published that would be deemed highly offensive to a reasonable person) for which the University of Texas Rio Grande Valley assumes no responsibility.
Conditions Governing Use
Materials in our collections may be protected by copyright. Publication, transmission, or reproduction of items protected by copyright beyond that allowed by fair use requires the written permission of the copyright owners. Whenever possible, accurate information about the copyright status of material is provided in the item record and/or documentation for material in the collection. The Library does not own the copyright in much of the material in its collection and is therefore unable to grant copyright permission to publish those items. It is the researcher's responsibility to determine copyright or other use restrictions and obtain proper permission when publishing or distributing materials found in these collections. Researchers must make their own assessments of rights in light of their intended use. Additional information about copyright and fair use is available via the Library's Copyright Guide at https://utrgv.libguides.com/copyright
Language of Materials
Arranged into series by the studio name.
Existence and Location of Originals
Photographs Miscellaneous box 2
Existence and Location of Copies
Digitized copies of this collection can be found in the ELIBR and BLIBR Special Collections Reading Rooms.
Please contact University Library, Special Collections and University Archives at (956) 665-2726 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and requests.
- Cotton gins and ginning--Texas--Lower Rio Grande Valley Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Edinburg (Tex.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Hidalgo County (Tex.) Subject Source: Lcnaf
- Irrigation--Texas--Lower Rio Grande Valley. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- McAllen (Tex.)--History. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Mercedes (Tex.)--History. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Mission (Tex.)--History. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Photographs Subject Source: Tgm
- Rio Grande Valley--History. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Deandra Portner
- 2017 March 13
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note