Frances Isbell Collection
Scope and Contents
Series I, Reference/Research Files, 1832-2014, consists of reference and research files pertaining to a variety of subjects from the Rio Grande Valley of Texas.
Series II, Hidalgo County Historical Commission, 1852-2014, consists of files pertaining to the Historical Markers, Archives Alert, and Confederate graves projects as well as general and office files.
Series III, Newspaper clippings, 1849-2011, consists of a variety of newspaper clippings that were saved by Isbell.
Series IV, Publications, 1933-2012, consists of publications related to the Rio Grande Valley of Texas.
- Isbell, Frances W. (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research use. Manuscript collections and archival records may contain materials with sensitive or confidential information that is protected under federal or state right to privacy laws and regulations. Confidential material may include, but is not limited to, educational, medical, and personnel records. Researchers are advised that the disclosure of certain information pertaining to identifiable living individuals represented in this collection without the consent of those individuals may have legal ramifications (e.g., a cause of action under common law for invasion of privacy may arise if facts concerning an individual's private life are published that would be deemed highly offensive to a reasonable person) for which the University of Texas Rio Grande Valley assumes no responsibility.
Conditions Governing Use
Materials in our collections may be protected by copyright. Publication, transmission, or reproduction of items protected by copyright beyond that allowed by fair use requires the written permission of the copyright owners. Whenever possible, accurate information about the copyright status of material is provided in the item record and/or documentation for material in the collection. The Library does not own the copyright in much of the material in its collection and is therefore unable to grant copyright permission to publish those items. It is the researcher's responsibility to determine copyright or other use restrictions and obtain proper permission when publishing or distributing materials found in these collections. Researchers must make their own assessments of rights in light of their intended use. Additional information about copyright and fair use is available via the Library's Copyright Guide at https://utrgv.libguides.com/copyright
14 Records boxes
17.5 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
Arranged into series.
Series I: Reference/Research files, 1832-2014 (120 folders) Series II: Hidalgo County Historical Commission, 1852-2014 (213 folders) Series III: Newspaper clippings, 1849-2011 (31 folders) Series IV: Publications, 1933-2012 (13 folders)
Please contact University Library, Special Collections and University Archives at (956) 665-2726 or via email at email@example.com for more information and requests.
- Edinburg (Tex.)--History. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Hidalgo County (Tex.) Subject Source: Lcnaf
- Hidalgo County (Tex.)--History. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Lower Rio Grande Valley (Tex.)--History Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- McAllen (Tex.)--History. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Mercedes (Tex.)--History. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Ranches--Texas, South--History. Subject Source: Tgm
- Texas, South--History. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Hidalgo County Historical Commission (Tex.) (Organization)
- Hidalgo County Historical Society. (Organization)
- Frances Isbell Collection
- Deandra Portner
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
Part of the University of Texas Rio Grande Valley Special Collections and Archives, Edinburg Campus Repository
1201 West University Drive
Edinburg TX 78539-2999