Anita Cardenas Oral History, 1987
Scope and Contents
Anita Cardenas talks about slavery, how business started in the 1950's, her all day wedding in 1930 and how clothes were handmade.
Interview conducted in 1987 by Leticia Miroslava Gamboa. Digital transfer completed on 11 October 2013 from the analog cassette tape.
- Cardenas, Anita L. (Interviewee, Person)
- Gamboa, Leticia Miroslava (Interviewer, Person)
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research use. Manuscript collections and archival records may contain materials with sensitive or confidential information that is protected under federal or state right to privacy laws and regulations. Confidential material may include, but is not limited to, educational, medical, and personnel records. Researchers are advised that the disclosure of certain information pertaining to identifiable living individuals represented in this collection without the consent of those individuals may have legal ramifications (e.g., a cause of action under common law for invasion of privacy may arise if facts concerning an individual's private life are published that would be deemed highly offensive to a reasonable person) for which the University of Texas Rio Grande Valley assumes no responsibility.
From the Collection: 448 Items (Masters are either born digital (WAV) or digitized via cassette. )
Language of Materials
- Business enterprises--Rio Grande Valley. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Oral History Interview Subject Source: Local sources
- Sewing Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Slavery--Texas Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
Part of the University of Texas Rio Grande Valley Special Collections and Archives, Edinburg Campus Repository
1201 West University Drive
Edinburg TX 78539-2999