Map of subdivision of lands owned by Southern Land and Water Company out of Porciones numbers 58, 59, and 60, Hidalgo County, Texas, 1912-05-01
Item — Container: 2, other: Map Case B-4, other: SM 12
Identifier: SM 12
Scope and Contents
From the Collection: The collection consists of business and personal files from John H. Shary, the largest collection of which is the United Irrigation Company series. The collection primarily contains business files, correspondence, internal memos, legal proceedings, maps, blueprints, and newspaper and magazine clippings.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research use. Manuscript collections and archival records may contain materials with sensitive or confidential information that is protected under federal or state right to privacy laws and regulations. Confidential material may include, but is not limited to, educational, medical, and personnel records. Researchers are advised that the disclosure of certain information pertaining to identifiable living individuals represented in this collection without the consent of those individuals may have legal ramifications (e.g., a cause of action under common law for invasion of privacy may arise if facts concerning an individual's private life are published that would be deemed highly offensive to a reasonable person) for which the University of Texas Rio Grande Valley assumes no responsibility.
1 Sheets : Unknown ; 70 x 118 cm
Language of Materials
Materials Specific Details
Map indicates acreage per lot, names of some owners, and the St. Louis, Brownsville-Mexico Railroad."Meanders of Old Military Pond (both branches) and of river on Porcion No. 60." "Partly from Davis and Tamm Map." May 1, 1912. "Summary, total area of Southern Land and Water Company's land north of railroad, exclusive of canal right-of-way. Total area between Railroad and New Military Road, exclusive of canal right-of-way. Area of canal right-of-way along west side.
70 x 118 cm