Porcion 69, 70, 71, 72, 1902-1906
Scope and Contents
Folder contains two typed documents: 1) Affidavit of Francisco Tagle, Sr. as to possession of Porciones No. 71 and 72 (12 March 1906); 2) affidavit describing property purchase options among John Closner, J. P. Withers, James B. Wells (2 May 1902).
- Other: 1902-1906
- From the Collection: John Closner (Person)
- From the Collection: Henry P. Griffin, Sr. (Person)
- From the Collection: Mary Elizabeth "Mamie" Closner Griffin, Mrs. (Person)
- From the Collection: Henry P. Griffin, Jr. (Person)
- From the Collection: John W. Griffin (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research use. Manuscript collections and archival records may contain materials with sensitive or confidential information that is protected under federal or state right to privacy laws and regulations. Confidential material may include, but is not limited to, educational, medical, and personnel records. Researchers are advised that the disclosure of certain information pertaining to identifiable living individuals represented in this collection without the consent of those individuals may have legal ramifications (e.g., a cause of action under common law for invasion of privacy may arise if facts concerning an individual's private life are published that would be deemed highly offensive to a reasonable person) for which the University of Texas Rio Grande Valley assumes no responsibility.
From the Collection: 5.16 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
- Abstracts of title--Texas--Hidalgo County. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Box, L. H.
- Hidalgo County (Tex.)--History. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Jackson, Nathaniel
- John Closner
- Porcion--Spanish land grant Subject Source: Local sources
- Wells, James B., 1850-1923
Part of the University of Texas Rio Grande Valley Special Collections and Archives, Edinburg Campus Repository
1201 West University Drive
Edinburg TX 78539-2999