Series II: Research - General, 1837 - 2009, bulk: 1987 - 1999
Scope and Contents
The series contains research material compiled by Scott Cook, pertaining to the Border Brick Project and the study of the organization of brick production along the U.S. Texas-Mexico border. The series consists primarily of deed records, maps, correspondence, data, ledgers, and notes.
- Creation: 1837 - 2009
- Creation: Majority of material found within 1987 - 1999
Language of Materials
English and Spanish
Conditions Governing Access
The collectionis open for research use. Manuscript collections and archival records may contain materials with sensitive or confidential information that is protected under federal or state right to privacy laws and regulations. Confidential material may include, but is not limited to, educational, medical, and personnel records. Researchers are advised that the disclosure of certain information pertaining to identifiable living individuals represented in this collection without the consent of those individuals may have legal ramifications (e.g., a cause of action under common law for invasion of privacy may arise if facts concerning an individual's private life are published that would be deemed highly offensive to a reasonable person) for which the University of Texas Rio Grande Valley assumes no responsibility.
Alphabetical and chronological.
- Brick trade--Mexico, North.
- Brick trade--Texas, South.
- Brick trade--Texas--Lower Rio Grande Valley.
- Brickmaking machinery
- Brickmaking--History--Mexico, North.
- Brickmaking--History--Texas, South.
- Brickmaking--History--Texas--Lower Rio Grande Valley.
- Brickmaking--Mexico, North.
- Brickmaking--Texas, South.
- Brickmaking--Texas--Lower Rio Grande Valley.
- Brickmaking--United States
- Bricks--Mexico, North.
- Bricks--United States.
- Brickyard--Mexico, North.
- Brickyard--Texas, South.
- Brickyard--Texas--Lower Rio Grande Valley.
- Mexican brick culture.
Part of the University of Texas Rio Grande Valley Special Collections and Archives, Edinburg Campus Repository
1201 West University Drive
Edinburg TX 78539-2999