Series I: Oral History Interviews, 1970 - 2008, bulk: 1992 - 1996
Scope and Contents
Series is composed of 186 recorded and/or transcribed oral history interviews with a wide range of brick industry informants from both the United States (primarily Texas) and Mexico. The majority of the files contain both the transcription and the audio recording. The rest of the files only contain transcriptions while others only contain audio recordings. Please see individual file notes for more information.
- Creation: 1970 - 2008
- Creation: Majority of material found within 1992 - 1996
Language of Materials
English and Spanish
Conditions Governing Access
The collectionis open for research use. Manuscript collections and archival records may contain materials with sensitive or confidential information that is protected under federal or state right to privacy laws and regulations. Confidential material may include, but is not limited to, educational, medical, and personnel records. Researchers are advised that the disclosure of certain information pertaining to identifiable living individuals represented in this collection without the consent of those individuals may have legal ramifications (e.g., a cause of action under common law for invasion of privacy may arise if facts concerning an individual's private life are published that would be deemed highly offensive to a reasonable person) for which the University of Texas Rio Grande Valley assumes no responsibility.
186 Files (Oral history interviews)
Alphabetical and chronological order.
Physical Characteristics and Technical Requirements
The majority of the oral history interviews were recorded on microcassettes and all are audio only.
- Brick trade--Mexico, North.
- Brick trade--Texas, South.
- Brick trade--Texas--Lower Rio Grande Valley.
- Brickmaking machinery
- Brickmaking--History--Mexico, North.
- Brickmaking--History--Texas, South.
- Brickmaking--History--Texas--Lower Rio Grande Valley.
- Brickmaking--Mexico, North.
- Brickmaking--Texas, South.
- Brickmaking--Texas--Lower Rio Grande Valley.
- Brickmaking--United States
- Brickyard--Mexico, North.
- Brickyard--Texas, South.
- Brickyard--Texas--Lower Rio Grande Valley.
- Mexican brick culture.
Part of the University of Texas Rio Grande Valley Special Collections and Archives, Edinburg Campus Repository
1201 West University Drive
Edinburg TX 78539-2999