Golden Jersey Creamery
"In 1930 the Hagedorn family moved from Michigan to Edinburg, Texas. The Edinburg Chamber of Commerce encouraged them to set up a creamery in the city, so they packed their machinery on a boxcar and moved it to the Rio Grande Valley. They first set up business in the old E.M. Everitt Building on the corner of 12th Street and McIntyre Street. Since they were renting that space, they built their own plant in 1946 two blocks west. According to Harriette Hagedorn Martin the daughter of the family, no one in Edinburg had ever drunk pasteurized milk until the business, Golden Jersey Creamery, was established there."
From Museum of South Texas History.
Found in 1 Collection or Record:
Golden Jersey Creamery, 1920s–1960s
Folder contains photographs and negatives of Golden Jersey Creamery operations, including facilties, staff, founders, delivery trucks, and cows. Golden Jersey Creamery was reportedly the first in the Valley to offer pasteurized milk.