Keystone View Company (Meadville, Pennsylvania)
- Existence: 1892 - 1972
The Keystone View Company was a major distributor of stereographic images, and was located in Meadville, Pennsylvania. From 1892 through 1963 Keystone produced and distributed both educational and comic/sentimental stereoviews, and stereoscopes. By 1905 it was the world's largest stereographic company. In 1963 Department A (stereoviews sold to individual families) and the Education Departments were closed down, but Keystone continued to manufacture eye-training stereographic products as a subsidiary of Mast Development Company. In 1972 Mast closed the Meadville manufacturing site. (Source: Wikipedia, accessed 12/22/2021).
Found in 8 Collections and/or Records:
Collection contains 168 glass lantern slides and an electric McIntosh Sciopticon Projector as well as 221 stereoscope cards (Keystone View Co.) and 3 manual, handheld stereoscope viewers.
Original boxes for the Keystone View Company Stereographic Library, which originally housed each set of educational stereoscope cards.
Box contains 168 stereoscope cards and three (3) handeld viewers.