Edinburg Study Club
- Existence: 1925-
The Edinburg Study Club was organized on September 21, 1925. Two weeks leter it was federated with the Fifth District of the Federation of Women's Clubs. The Study Club evolved from the Civic Club, a group organized for civic work. It was decided, however, to form a new club solely for the purpose of study. The study programs are of a literary or cultural nature and include many book reviews. Membership has been limited to twenty five and later thirty members.
Found in 1 Collection or Record:
Collection — Container: 128
Scope and Contents Minutes of the Civil Club (1925) and of the Edinburg Study Club (1925-1987). Minutes are handwritten in record books and are sometimes accompanied by newspaper clippings, photographs, or other notes.